• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 385C L Pictures

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Look like a good 85 operator as far as I'm concerned. About the only thing I could see to hold against you is that whole working/living in cowtown.....everybody knows the Edmonton operators get all the ladies (even if they do have that funny twitch:falldownlaugh).

Yeah I dunno what that guy is smoking. I think the best part is he's saying he's done all this stuff but he doesn't have any videos. Anyone can run their mouth and say "oh I can do that so much better" but until I see it I'm kinda doubtful.

As for you! I think the dirty Edmonton air has gotten to your brain, I'd pick cowtown over that god forsaken place anyday =p Even if it is like half the cost to live there *shakes fist*

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Yeah I dunno what that guy is smoking. I think the best part is he's saying he's done all this stuff but he doesn't have any videos. Anyone can run their mouth and say "oh I can do that so much better" but until I see it I'm kinda doubtful.

As for you! I think the dirty Edmonton air has gotten to your brain, I'd pick cowtown over that god forsaken place anyday =p Even if it is like half the cost to live there *shakes fist*

Ha ha god forsaken place... spoken like a true southern albertan. And up here we don't call it dirty air... we call it scented. Just haven't found a good scent yet. How is your housing market goin? We have had a brutal slowdown this year. Last year on one jobsite we serviced 1200 lots in the south end of the city, our largest subdivision this year was 300 lots, and it just got postponed until next spring.

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Still going strong. We bought a couple of cheap Komatsu wiggle wagons from Edmonton a little while ago and I expect we will be picking up some more "gently used" gear in the next bit lol.

Top Notch is getting sold but not due to the market. The owner died and the three daughters decided to sell out and take the quick cash rather then let the company run itself and cash the big fat cheques each week.

I hope we buy their 1250 Komatsu or that 1100 hitachi. I'd run that =D

reddot556

i haven't ran a cat hoe since the old 350's..strictly komatsu now..how does the 385 compare to the komatsu 800?

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Sorry sir I have not had the opportunity to get on a Komatsu 800. Burnout says he doesn't like em tho.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
The 800 Komatsu's aren't near as nice as the 385's. Ours all overheat like crazy, our 750 Komatsu isn't too bad, just old and wore out.

We parked our 110 Hitachi this year and bought 2 more PC1250's, was a bad year to do it. One is over at SMS with major downtime, another is parked and the other is just killing time on a job we could have used a 245 on.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Did any see the Earthmovers mag this month,itgot a385c being towed by a 740 adt and a twin axle bogie under the excavator and the bucket in the dumper............. neat http://www.sleipner.fi/en/english_sleipner.html check out the video

Just found your other mention of this and searched it out :) Yes I saw that article, incredible what that company is doing on a nightshift, well half a shift really :D
For those not in the know a company is rebuilding a European runway. After last flight lands they take possession, breakout and remove the concrete, place new cabling ducts, lay the new tarmac ( levelled with a dozer :cool: ) top of with paving machine for finish, new lights installed and open ready for morning flights. :cool2

CAT992G

2 Cat 385C L (ME) from germany, very nice and powerful machines!:drinkup

Attachments

• 385C LME1.jpg
    385C LME1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 8,069
  • 385C LME2.jpg
    385C LME2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 5,869