• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 416 B Loader tilt cylinder is stuck in curl

Mechanicsville804

Hi All,

I'm working on a 416B (8SG02202) And whenever the truck is on the loader curls up. The spool is stuck and only able to move one way in the valve body and the pump is dead headed to the tilt cylinder. Is this going to be an issue with my spool or one of the relief valves?

Thank you in advance

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It sounds as though there is a piece of something stuck in on of the valve ports that is preventing the spool from moving freely. I see a disassembly in your future.......

It is the loader bucket tilt function that you are talking about, correct.?
If so, see the attachment.

Attachments

• Tilt Valve.pdf
    204.8 KB · Views: 7

Mechanicsville804

It sounds as though there is a piece of something stuck in on of the valve ports that is preventing the spool from moving freely. I see a disassembly in your future.......

It is the loader bucket tilt function that you are talking about, correct.?
If so, see the attachment.
Nige, you hit it on the head. I had to beat the spool out and saw that it was damaged do to debris. Thanks for the breakdown. I'm going to try to clean this spool up and see if it will slide in the valve body, if not we will order a new complete valve section.

Mechanicsville804

Thanks Nige, and I have been over night, the only thing I can think to do is spin the filter off and cut it open and see what kind of debris is in it. Can you recommend any other checks I can do to see if I have a metal debris catastrophe on my hands?

Mechanicsville804

Also, I just realized which section I posted this thread in, If any admin's would like to move it to the appropriate section I wouldn't mind.