• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 416B Fuel filter conversion

ts360

Im having trouble keeping my fuel filter(on the left side of the engine) from leaking and sucking air and I would like to see if anyone knows of a bolt on filter head to convert to a spin on filter. Ive always hated this type of filter that slides up in and then is held in place with a plastic ring, and the spin ons are cheaper as well. Ive already replaced the glass bowl setup on the right side of the engine with a spin on, but that particular filter head won't work with the metal fuel lines on the left side of the engine. I could use it with the right adapters but I can't seem to find any. Thank you for any information.

heymccall

I never have trouble with the Stanadyne keyway style filters.
Screenshot_20220411-181008_Chrome.jpg
Aftermarket are $22 each for that 5micron element.
It's only $28 @ Caterpillar. (159-6102)