• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 416C 4X4 not working

ts360

The 4x4 just quit working one day. With all of the tires off of the ground, the front ones spin but with no power at all. The only testing that Ive done is verify that there is no blown fuses. Ive read some other posts where people have had problems with a solenoid or the wiring to it. Can anyone describe where this solenoid is located and how it can be accessed? I have a repair manual but I haven't been able to find anything in it so far. Thank you for reading and for any advice.

ts360

The 4x4 just quit working one day. With all of the tires off of the ground, the front ones spin but with no power at all. The only testing that Ive done is verify that there is no blown fuses. Ive read some other posts where people have had problems with a solenoid or the wiring to it. Can anyone describe where this solenoid is located and how it can be accessed? I have a repair manual but I haven't been able to find anything in it so far. Thank you for reading and for any advice.
Machine serial number is 1WR04205

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry I never saw your response.
I have sent you an electrical schematic.
Attached the parts drawing of your transmission with the AWD solenoid valve circled.

Attachments

• DD transmission.pdf
    406.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Solenoid Vlv.pdf
    205.2 KB · Views: 4

ts360

I just wanted to post the resolution to this for me in case someone is looking into the same problem. Once I knew what I was looking for from that parts drawing of my transmission and Identified the 4wd solenoid valve I discovered a broken wire to it causing my issue. I was going to try to remove the coil to repair the wire but it fell apart when I was trying to get it off. I was able to avoid buying the whole solenoid and just replaced the coil. The part number for the coil for my machine is 130-0013. Thanks again Nige for the schematic and parts drawing.