• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 416c front bucket tilt

backspacer

Another problem has appeared. After machine warms up, the front bucket won't hardly tilt/curl up empty or loaded. Sometimes it will, but real slow, other times I have to drop bucket down and back up to get it started and then it may or may not curl up. Working other hyd at same time has no effect. I have been told to check the resolvers. Can someone post a pic and point me in right direction? ser# 4zn02115

Delmer

I can't help you with the resolvers. And I don't know the specifics of this hydraulic valve. Some hydraulic valves will do this when the bottom seal starts leaking and fills up the bottom cover with oil, preventing the spool from moving all the way that direction. Again, not sure this is possible with your valve, it shouldn't take too much time to look at it and see though. There is a weep hole in the bottom cap, so it will have some oil seepage if this is the case.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi, have you tried turning the steering when attempting to tilt the bucket?
if operating any lever or the steering doesn't make any difference, check to see if the tilt cylinder seals or cylinder is ok
there are a few ways to do this. if your not sure how, just ask
Mark

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The resolver or what I call the primary shuttle valve is under the spring housing in the control valve. When you remove the spring housing for the spool you will see a hole to one side you use an allen wrench I think a 5mm or 5/32, but anyway unscrew the valve and you will see where there should be O-rings maybe even remains of old ones.