• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 420F hook up

JS Myers

Howdy folks!

New to the forum here, as you all can tell! So I recently started working for an attachment manufacturer and started lurking around here a couple months ago to try and educate myself on various pieces of equipment and the like. It's been very informative, and I appreciate it.

So on to my main question. We had a request to build a bucket for the latest version of the 420F, but we are having trouble finding the hook up info. Cat goes out of their way to keep us aftermarket guys guessing. Would any of you fine folk be able to supply me with the following specs? If so, I would be eternally grateful. We need stick width, pin diameter and length and pin center to center. Any info is greatly appreciated!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums JS.

Call your local Cat Rental Store and rent a new 420F for a couple of days and make your template - done.

AzIron

420s have had the same coupler size across multiple series it's not going to change for the simple fact people wont update all there attachments for a new backhoe

heymccall

My 416Cit and 426Cit machines have a different pin center distance than my 420E machines. The rear buckets cannot be interchanged because we have the oem mechanical coupler. If they were pin-on, they'd interchange.
All of mine have a 50mm stick pin and 45mm link pin.

JS Myers

My 416Cit and 426Cit machines have a different pin center distance than my 420E machines. The rear buckets cannot be interchanged because we have the oem mechanical coupler. If they were pin-on, they'd interchange.
All of mine have a 50mm stick pin and 45mm link pin.
This one does have the 50mm and 45mm pins, were just not sure on the stick width and center to center.