• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 432D front clamshell problem

Artkov

Hi Everyone,
I'm from Ukraine, and my English not so good, sorry for this.
I have a problem with front bucket clamshell on my CAT 432D (2001 year):
Every morning when I start to work the clamshell works perfect. But in the afternoon, when I turn off the engine, take a lunch and then start to work again - the clamshell on the front bucket does not work. All other systems including front bucket at all works perfect, but only without clamshell function. If I don't turn off engine during the day - clamshell works perfect hole day. So this problem appears only with the "warm engine" after restarting. With "cold engine" every morning all ok with clamshell. Have you any ideas what is this?
Thanks in advance!
P.S. CAT 432D operates with electronic joysticks.

Vetech63

Well, that sounds like a head scratcher! When you say it doesn't work at all, is it not doing anything?......or barely moving? Is there any change in the engine rpm's when you try to move it? Have you noticed any unusual noise when this happens? There is just a lot of variables to determine whether it is an hydraulic or electrical issue.

Artkov

Well, that sounds like a head scratcher! When you say it doesn't work at all, is it not doing anything?......or barely moving? Is there any change in the engine rpm's when you try to move it? Have you noticed any unusual noise when this happens? There is just a lot of variables to determine whether it is an hydraulic or electrical issue.
Thanks for the answer.
It doesn't work at all, no any noise, changing rpms and so on. So It definitely electrical issue. Maybe some solenoid or something like this

Vetech63

Thanks for the answer.
It doesn't work at all, no any noise, changing rpms and so on. So It definitely electrical issue. Maybe some solenoid or something like this
Fix Nige up with your machine serial number. I believe he can assist you in tracking the issue down. Its not making sense to me as to why when the machine is stopped that an electrical problem just shows up on restart but doesn't if you leave the machine running. It doesn't make sense to me hydraulically either! An electrical schematic will show how the system is wired and what things need to happen for operation.

Artkov

What is the Serial Number..? The Serial Number will determine what is the correct Electrical Schematic for your machine.
Nige, please see serial number:
432d bld00843
Hope, you will help me. Many thanks!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Here are the correct Electrical & hydraulic Schematics for your machine.

Attachments

• RENR3569-04 - 420D thru 442D Hydraulic Schematic.pdf
    886.9 KB · Views: 4
  • RENR3587-04 (2)- 416D thru 442D Electrical Schematic.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 3