• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 5110b demolition excavator euro demolition

geert-yke

Here the cat 5110b excavator from euro demolition with a brand new 12 tons Mantovanibenne SH 1000r scrap shear.

Attachments

• 5110b.jpg
    5110b.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 16,260
  • 5110b-1.jpg
    5110b-1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 12,710

DigDug

I know people use the steel shear for some concrete crunching , but it looks like this guy has alot of concrete chomping planned with the shear . My question is .... is that common around the world? I kind of thought, you either had a multi processor or your had one of each . One machine with shear and one with concrete cruncher.
I am sort of in the market for a multi processor , anyone have any suggestions of a good brand with actual support after the sale? Thanks, doug

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
We use shears to size larger chunks of concrete(rebar) for the muncher to handle, but once you use a shear for that you need to replace the blades before you use it on steel only or you will spend more time unjamming it.

Wulf

almost dont need a high reach boom with a machine that big:lmao
pretty cool pic:drinkup

Is that machine capable of bringing down that building?

It kind of looks to be a bit short of height and the operator looks to be a a bit too close to the action IMO...

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Is that machine capable of bringing down that building?

It kind of looks to be a bit short of height and the operator looks to be a a bit too close to the action IMO...

Hey Wulf, I could be wrong but in the 2nd pic there is a crane/boom on the right. Perhaps that is for a wrecking ball??. And if it has lost its wrecking ball I know where it is:rolleyes:

Demoguy324

Occupation
Operating engineer, Local 701, Specializing in scr
Nice pictures!

We use a Cat 375 w/ a LaBounty MSD3000R shear as our primary wrecking machine to take down old automotive plants. the shear is used for both concrete and steel structures, because (while it's not good for the blades) a shear can crush concrete, and cut steel beams, as each present themselves where as a concrete crusher/cutter is only good for crushing concrete, and cutting small amounts of rebar.

Eric

geert-yke

One of the 2 excavators is modified to a tripple demolition excavator for heavy demolition duties. Later in the year the other machine will be the tuhd 90m demolition machine.

Today the tripple 5110b made his first working hours.

Attachments

• 5110b tripple.jpg
    5110b tripple.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 11,189
  • 5110b tripple-2.jpg
    5110b tripple-2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 7,193

ecocrusher1

Dig Dug

DigDug you asked "I am sort of in the market for a multi processor , anyone have any suggestions of a good brand with actual support after the sale? Thanks, doug"

I have some contacts at Allied Gator, they seem to be a great outfit. 800-624-2867 ask for Demo Dan he knows the industry very well and tell him Chris at Gibersons' sent you. If that doesnt work out let me know exactly the tool and size you are interested in. I have a lot of contacts that broker equipment.

DigDug

Thank you eco - after hearing the prices of a multi processor , I might get a mechanical concrete crusher attachment. thanks doug

HRD Remco

The Big "Dutch Bunker-Killer" at work.
http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13874

Euro Demolition High Reach Demolition (for hire) line up:
- Cat 5110B Triple nr.1 (28m > 18t)
- Cat 5110B Triple nr.2 (33m)
- Cat 5110B 90TUHD (90m > 5t and 80m > 10t)
- Cat 5110B 75TUHD (75m)
- Cat 345C UHD (26m > 3t)
- Etec 333 ZTHRD (23m > 2.5t)
- Etec 888 HRD (35m > 5t)
- Hitachi ZX870LCH-3 E-HRD (48m > 4.5t)
- Hitachi ZX67LCH-3 THRD (38m > 3.5t) (for sale)

see the progress of the 90mtr. Cat 5110B TUHD (the highest in the world):
http://www.vantunen.org/hrd/index8.htm

Last edited: