• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 623G

Jim Irwin

Hi guys.
I am on the lookout for a 623G, and apart from the usual spin from CAT dealers, what are the good and bad points on the 623G?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Jim

DPete

A 623 in any model is a very productive machine in most materials except slabby gumbo, rocks and blow sand. I have a pair neither are G's, one is an E that has been repowered with G parts. The tier 3 C15 may not have quite the grunt of the 3406 but power is adequate and fuel consumption is less. The other is a late F with the same scraper as the G. The only negatives I can think of is the elevator chain adjustment was changed from very simply raising the small roller to a hydraulic grease and shim affair which is fine but much more complicated with seals to go bad etc. The other is Cat went to a smaller diameter roller on the rolling floor, we all know a big wheel turns easier than a small one. They are a complicated machine and need to be looked after, we grease every day. I can't comment on the G's joy stick control someone else probably can. Good luck, machine prices are way down here in the US and it's a good time to buy if you have the work. DP

Last edited:

Cmark

Hi Cmark

Not sure what you mean by ' reworks published....'

Also known as a service letter. How Cat communicate to their dealers that some machines may develop a specific fault and what action the dealer can take to rectify the issue...

TD14A

Oh, sure. Like a PIP ( Product Improvement ... something or other )

I like to check and make sure they're all up to snuff.

If you would like to discuss something specific, I left my email on a previous post.