• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 950F Hydraulic overflow

Cstagno

I work for a snow removal company. We have an older Cat 950F. Yesterday, we discovered Hydraulic oil leaking out of the filler cap after lunch. We let it cool, still overflowing. I didn't notice any obvious aeration or any off-color in the fluid. Is there something that could cause an overfill condition that isn't an operator overfilling, then expansion or Engine oil or coolant leaking in? This happened once before. Three years ago, the mechanic drained the excess and called it good.

Cstagno

Thats what we did. I'm just curious where the fluid could have come from. Could fluid from the rams drain back into the reservoir if some sort of seal or valve was faulty?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'm just curious where the fluid could have come from.
It could have been nothing more than someone having the implements in the wrong position when they checked the oil level and thought the tank needed oil when in fact it didn't, leading to it being over-filled and caused the excess to blow out of the breather.