• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 963 front idler r&r

davejo

Trying to help my neighbor with his machine. The track pops on one side depending on which way it is turning. He is sort of driving around the issue but it needs attention. just looking at it you can see the idler isnt concentric with the pin it spins on so its worn and probably tilting, causing the track to ride up then slam back into place.

Are there any huge showstopping obstacles involved with taking this out and replacing it? Are they rebuildable?

davejo

21z 2052 is the number, i think, but the above pic shows a bunch of numbers on it

davejo

Yes that's great! I think I'm on a budget so I'll start comparing prices...

orangeman

x 2 what Nige said. Get the micrometer out to measure the axle shaft. I'll bet the bearings are toast.

davejo

idler shaft snapped through oil hole on both sides, crazy...

Attachments

• 20230706_192921.jpg
    20230706_192921.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18