• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 963B low fuel pressure

fest777

Occupation
opp/mecanix
thats the reason to disconnect in inline pump, to see if the condition pops up again "sherlock". brilliant deduction i may say holmes ,think before talking

Pete w

thats the reason to disconnect in inline pump, to see if the condition pops up again "sherlock". brilliant deduction i may say holmes ,think before talking
Who pissed in your coffee? The pump had already been removed and tested without. The next step was to check the condition of the water separator cap and potentially bypass the water separator. Im confused as to where your needless comment came from?

fest777

Occupation
opp/mecanix
this aint gonna turn into to a pissing contest thats for sure,when the machine first started having problems commenter did not know what was wrong then he attached a inline pump and every thing was fine, so should he just leave the inline pump or proceed further to diagnose the problem. my input was to bypass the separator and disconnect pump and see if problem re appeared if either air or crap is in the separator, mechanical machines have too be attacked methodically ,do you see where i was coming from, separators have been known for the last 40 years to have problems with pulling air mainly in the trucking industry where i was the last 40, as far as pissing in my coffee i do it every mourning makes me wake up faster better that snorting meth for all the tweek fu*ks out there. "iam out" have a good one and no hard feelings fest

Last edited:

Pete w

this aint gonna turn into to a pissing contest thats for sure,when the machine first started having problems commenter did not know what was wrong then he attached a inline pump and every thing was fine, so should he just leave the inline pump or proceed further to diagnose the problem. my input was to bypass the separator and disconnect pump and see if problem re appeared if either air or crap is in the separator, mechanical machines have too be attacked methodically ,do you see where i was coming from, separators have been known for the last 40 years to have problems with pulling air mainly in the trucking industry where i was the last 40, as far as pissing in my coffee i do it every mourning makes me wake up faster better that snorting meth for all the tweek fu*ks out there. "iam out" have a good one and no hard feelings fest
Never tried **** in the coffee but i might have to give it a go if it works that well! ;)
Took the separator apart today, honestly never pulled apart one of the new styles. I myself have always dealt with the old style fuel bowls and i honestly didnt know these came apart. My background is in the trucking industry as well. But all that aside, i did find pieces of the old tank liner in there, cleaned everything and blew out again. No change. I didnt have the proper fitting to bypass the filter completely so i hooked the inline pump back up so the unit is still operational. Hopefully when the unit is back to the shop i can go through each component more thoroughly. But on a job they just wanna know how fast you can get it going.