• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 977L endless problems

Stevesenn73

Fixed a few things here recently on my cat 977l, new fuel lines being one of them, now I’m getting fuel running out of the overflow tube that runs down along the engine while it’s running. Local mechanic says bad Seals in the fuel pump but figured I’d do some of my own research into this before tearing into a fuel pump and having a costly rebuild bill...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Any chance of a picture pointing to the line the fuel is coming out? Oh! and a full serial number would be nice too! And if there is a tag on the engine that information would also be helpful!

bunkclimber

'endless problems'? a fuel line is just the smallest starting point for an old machine like a 977L..just keep working on it and eventually you'll get to a point where the machine stabilizes and no repairs needed..for a while..then it'll talk to you again..and demand you open your wallet once again..get used to it,it's all part of ownership..best of luck