• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 977L second project machine go for under $10,000 in 2 mo.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Looks abused, someone painted dash area, lacking teeth on the bucket, not many people have need or funds to keep one going anymore or afford to move one since costs of everything has jumped so much. So yes looks reasonable for that worn out machine. Doesn't even have control for a 4 in 1 bucket either. I have a 977K I just bought for $17k but came with a lot more and looking a lot better than that one with spare parts too.

sawmilleng

A little math tells me you also paid 7500 more for it, too.
There's people here who will tell you to lose the 4n1. And with good reasons, too. And teeth are not necessary for all soil conditions.
Yeesh.. like the song sez.... there ain't no 10s. Relax and be happy that someone gave us a data point as to what 977s are going for today...and he didn't brag that his thing was longer than everyone else's!
Jon.

Delmer

Well, Spud's turns, just like Clinton's and maybe it is longer? A little lovin is worth a lot, know what I'm sayin?:eek:

I don't know how the covid craziness applied across the board, seems like clean skid steers and min ex's went nuts. From what I saw, projects and big stuff with limited appeal were still a very limited market. In tractors, the little kubota went up, the medium size MF in pieces was still a tad above scrap. Nobody want's to work, and good luck finding somebody to do the work for you, so buy something easy that helps you get something done, so you can get out in the new RV you bought.

sealark37

Occupation
Retired pilot, old equipment mechanic
Demand for used equipment rises and falls, at times for obscure reasons. Long ago, our shop installed new Cat undercarriage, repaired all faults, and painted 3 D-9s for a large customer. These tractors sold at auction for $9000 each. Go figure.