• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 977L

bunkclimber

yes those cylinder piston nuts were supposed torqued to like 800lbs/ft crazy torque..tough to move without a cylinder bench to bolt the rod down to..but you made do and got it done..nice work. thats a nice machine with cab and winch AND 4in1 !

ChrisUK

A few pics from warmer weather !
Still finding a few jobs to do on the 977, they are slowly being ticked off the list.
Hoping to get the engine bay side screens done over the winter, I’m missing one top one and one bottom one.
Cheers Chris.
4F250DEA-FA2F-4076-9F25-0795F8D11686.jpegE4B4E8CD-3808-4F5C-8958-46C3659291E5.jpeg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I do not need the extra and really heavy weight work but do need something as heavy. In all actuality need both a Loader and Trackhoe with a Tandem dump truck to get done what I need to do here. Allis was a good eye opener as to TOO Small even at 24k weight and yard and half bucket, SA GM five yard was just PAINFULLY Slow as well as to capacity and operation. 12-16yd, truck, tractor capable of 2.5-3yd loading, excavator with enough weight and reach to take out the dead or thorned trees. Dreams of a Old Guy that cannot attain.

Looking really good Chris.