• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 980G and 826G

UrParts

Hi Does anyone know if the transmission from a Cat 826G is the same as a 980G. I heard that the 826 is based on the 980G

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Do you have the Serial Numbers & Arrangement Numbers of both transmissions..? The data will be on a plate about 2" square on the planetary case right next to the control valve.

There could be loads of permutations. With the Serial Numbers I can tell you if one is a direct replacement for the other and if not what would need changing.

FYI - There are 2 different ranges of 826G compactor and 6 for 980G Wheel Loader

big ben

Not 100% sure off the top of my head but they will be very close. The difference will be in the T/C (826 may have a lock-up) as the 826 is a pusher and 980 a loader.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I did a brief check and the 826G does not have a lockup clutch converter. The particular 980G into which the OP wants to install the transmission might well have one though if it was originally specified for load & carry. Also there are Series I & Series II machines of both models with significant differences between the two so a unit from a Series I will likely not fit into a Series II and vice versa, hence the request for Serial Numbers from the 2 transmissions .......

Last edited: