• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 980G Loader Question

ecocrusher1

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the schematics of a 980G Loader, I could really use some info on their bucket mounting brackets. I am selling a client on of my attachments and they asked to have the coupler done for them. Unfortunately, they dont have access to the machine at this time and our local dealer is dragging their feet since they wont make any money off it. Thank you in advance.:notworthy

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
can you give any more detail? what do you mean by "bucket mounting brackets"? if you can give any more detail im sure it would assist you in having your question answerd.

Wulf

ecocrusher... I'm guessing that you are not looking for hydraulic or electrical schematics but are looking for the pin/boss sizes and the critical dimensions for building and mounting a coupler? If so this should be available for approved suppliers and when its required in cases like yours from your dealer.

We hear a lot here about how good CAT service is and how it separates Caterpillar from their competition, but often they (and some other dealers) only want to provide service when it suits them.

I would keep pushing them and go through their sales department if service people can't help.

ecocrusher1

Wulf you hit it right on the head with the premise of what I need. I will work on the dealer see if I get can light a fire under him. Komatsukid any info you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
we dont have any G-series loaders so i might not be alot of help to you, but i do know of a few aggregate producers that run these loaders. i might be able to get a G-series repair book. ill see what i can dig up.

surfer-joe

Foley Tractor used to be better than that. Keep talking to people there till you get one that helps out. They always did right by me, and then some.

If however, you are trying to mount an accessory, it may be that you need to contact the accessory manufacturer instead of the Cat house. The accessory manufacturer would have all the dimensions you need, and Cat dealer may be able to get them for you, but no reason you can not contact direct.

Good Luck!

flyboyziel56

I would contact the dealer and ask then to give you the name and number of the manufacture of the aftermarket coupler and deal with them directly. If you go through the Cat dealer your looking at a 30 to 40% markup from them that there going to pass along to you or your customer!!!. Just my thought!!.

wrench2556

ecocrusher, If you have not gotten any info yet, I am currently working on a g model and have the bucket off, Let me know what specs you need and I will measure them tommorrow for you. Billy