• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT D6 8U dozer weight

Spoke

Good day everyone, I was wondering if anyone have a idea how much a CAT D6 8U dozer weighs. It has a blade and a 5 tooth ripper (only has 1 tooth in). On the blade there stands the name Wright. It's probably the brand of the blade. The reason I am asking this is because I have a double axle rigid lorry, so I was wondering if it would be possible to load it on it without breaking the lorry. According to the lorry's manual is max axle limit is 20 tons and the tires can carry 21 tons. But I think it is rated as a 14 ton truck. Thanks.

Spoke

The Cat Performance Handbook lists it at approximately 18,000 pounds not including blade and ripper.
I almost can't believe that it would be that light, the new D6s weigh 50,000 pounds, are they a lot bigger or what. I also have a CAT 922B which is also rated at 17,000 which I can believe but not the dozer. Thanks anyways.

chidog

The older machines are made from less material, and some times thinner materials too.
I think even the older D8's from back in the early 50's, were close to the same weight as a D7G.
Cat just kept upping the weight, especially when Komatsu started to copy them. The Komatsu equivalent machines were always a smitch more in weight than the Cat. Yes newer D6 is bigger.
D6 was always a 30K machine if I remember right.

Spoke

Thanks, so then I must be able to haul it easily on my 14 ton truck. I thought that it may be a bit heavier but you proofed me wrong.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Nige's weight is real dang close. My 9U-D6 was right in that weight range on the local scale when I hauled it. The narrow gauge 8U is a wee bit lighter than the wide gauge 9U all else being equal.