• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6 9U-need an engine D318

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
So I rescued this D6 Saturday before the scrap man got to it. Not in bad shape other than a hole in the block. Anybody got a lead on a D318? D6’s, 12 graders, DW10 and other power units used them. Heck I’d take a complete parts machine if it wasn’t too far away. Hour meter says 0405 for what that’s worth lol.

IMG_2059.jpegIMG_2058.jpegIMG_2057.jpeg

FWD

There is someone on the grader forum looking for a D318 engine, seem as though they are hard to come by.
FWD

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I’d be stepping over them if I didn’t need one lol. Worst case I’ll fix what I have. I’ve made use of worse!

chidog

That is an easy fix, just sheet metal. Maybe the rest is not bad as well? Look, and more pics of the inside.

Welder Dave

It would make for great entertainment to have two fierce members duke it out over a decent running D318. Could be an epic thread in the making.

The dozer looks pretty good. Is that your truck and like new trailer?

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I know where there is an old D6 setting in the weeds. I know nothing of the tractor but am familiar with the owner. Threw a track and still sets right there as of last fall. Farmer owned and I get the impression ran till it didn't. Be down to our property within the next month and will rattle that cage if needed then.

56wrench

If i had known that running D318’s were in short supply, I wouldn’t have sold my old #12 for $1500:(

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I've recently watched several go cheap on purple wave. Funny how that works lol