• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat d6c torque

Capic

Hi guys I have a problem with a D6C 10k dozer,we are traying to get it moving for few months now. It just stoped and will not move.The shaft between T.C and transmision is turning very slow and when i put it in gear it stops.We tried everithing, took out T.C 4 times and sent it to diferent mechanics,they all say it is nothing wrong with it,we took out the pump and rebuilt it. It is sending oil to the T.C. The dozer can be turned on, the hydraulic is workin fine.Can someone help me,the winter is coming and it is in the forest.Sorry for bad spelling,i am from Serbia.

Capic

It does not go under load,i am not sure it seems as it would move if the T.C. turned the shaft.I got it to spin faster 2 times(do not know how)and both times it looked as if it will move but when i put in gear it tensed the chain tracks litlle and stoped tue shaft.Looks just like there is no power coming from the T.C.

Capic

Yeah,we even drained all the oil from tans. and checked all the pipes and hoses.Took out the main hose from the T.C to see if there is oil coming from the pump and there is full hose coming out.It shows that there is pressure in the trans.Everything indicates that there is a problem with the T.C. but 4 diferent mechanic assured me that there was no problem with it,i even sent the valves from the T.C to check and the one that is on the transm.Everithing looks fine but the dozer still doesn't move.

Capic

I thought that the teeth on Flywheel might be damaged but they are all fine

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Have any pressures been tested?
I'll try to attach a file one testing transmission pressure tests.

Attachments

• 10K pressure testing.pdf
    494.4 KB · Views: 8

Capic

No,we thought that it must be a mechanical problem and we didn't know where the points for messuring are.Many thanks, i will test them in few days when the mechanic returns the T.C.and we mount it.

Capic

Do you have some schemes for the hydraulic system( T.C. valves etc.) i would like to study them,i could not find them anywhere on the internet and i am to far away to order a manual.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Do you have some schemes for the hydraulic system( T.C. valves etc.) i would like to study them,i could not find them anywhere on the internet and i am to far away to order a manual.
See if the attached file shows any thing that would help. Note it includes direct drive and powershift machines so might get a bit confusing.

Attachments

• D6C Powertrain.pdf
    503.5 KB · Views: 7

Capic

Thanks a lot i will look into it.It might help me to finally move the dozer out of the forest.I will update you in a few days.Thanks again

Capic

Hi, we have tested the pressures and the torque valve had 100 psi,and we fixed it on 136 psi but still nothing changed,the shaft is still tourning slow and the dozer does not move

tctractors

Stick your pressure gauge into the top of the Transmission Filter, remove the Purge Plug and pipe in to this point then post what pressure you have.
tctractors

Reactions: DB2

Dave Neubert

put trans in gear and pull both steering clutches back and see if drive shaft turns if you got convertor in pressure the convertor should pull have you checked the planetary on the front side of the convertor

Capic

That's the plug to hook in to, this is always the first point I ever put a gauge in when testing transmissions on all the flat drive CAT's, if you don't have good pressure hear there is no need to test any place past this point.
tctractors.

The pressure is ok here

Attachments

• 20211110_150522.jpg
    20211110_150522.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 16

Capic

put trans in gear and pull both steering clutches back and see if drive shaft turns if you got convertor in pressure the convertor should pull have you checked the planetary on the front side of the convertor

It does not turn if I put it in gear,and i tried to pull them both.
Those are ok,we mounted the convertor
day before yesterday and i checked everithing.

Capic

Stick your pressure gauge into the top of the Transmission Filter, remove the Purge Plug and pipe in to this point then post what pressure you have.
tctractors

Is this what you mean?

Attachments

• 20211110_150522.jpg
    20211110_150522.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 17