• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat d6rlgp

fiat41b

HI Im having problems with my d6r it has no power i changed both the primary and secondary fuel filters but that did not work it just turned over 4000 hrs i checked to see if the line from the tank is open its fine i can get rpms on the dash but it has no grunt its like working at half throttle in first gear i stuck the blade down deep and could only get 1250 rpm any body have any ideas

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
cat

HI Im having problems with my d6r it has no power i changed both the primary and secondary fuel filters but that did not work it just turned over 4000 hrs i checked to see if the line from the tank is open its fine i can get rpms on the dash but it has no grunt its like working at half throttle in first gear i stuck the blade down deep and could only get 1250 rpm any body have any ideas

Its not the same, but it maybe
When you open the throttle full open, fast, do you get a little black smoke?
My dump truck Ford 3306 Cat, starting having low power issues(no black smoke) I changed every filter I could find, I thought it was the turbo, checked it and it turned OK, no binding. I was connecting the inlet hose to the turbo and just happen to hit/bump one of the steel lines on the back of the injection pump, I noticed the line was broke at the nut and the line was just bouncing back and forth, causing the aneroid valve not to open causing low power. If I hadnt found this, I was going to have the diaphragm in the aneroid changed, its something I didnt want to tackle.
Installed new line and the power was back and the little smoke.
If you have a air cooling radiator, check the hoses, they get leaks and suck outside air. This is usually blue or red hoses about 3" X 6"
Do you hear the turbo spool up?
These things are usually simple, but tough to find
Good info on this site
Good Luck

LonestarCobra

Sounds weak for sure. Like already mentioned, check your air filters. They can suprise you. That line to the AFR that was also mentioned is a good check also. If that line is bad or the diaphram leaking, the control rack will not go to full stroke. If you have means of checking fuel pressure it should be 40 psi. If there is a presence of heavy black smoke, you might want to look at your turbo. Also, if your transmission temp has started to run higher, this all could be signs of a leaking torque convertor/divider.

fiat41b

d6rlgp

I have new air filters i will check the lines tomorrow
i think the turbo is working and it starts right up as soon as you turn the key the tranny does not get hot this problem is the same if you run it all day or just as soon as you put it into gear in the morning

thanks for the help as im not a real mechanic on newer machines
im use to the older stuff thats simple.

LonestarCobra

You may be looking for a ghost line if you have the C-9 engine instead of the 3306. What series and S/N is it?