• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D8H

willd8r

Occupation
dozer operator Cat D11R
There's an immaculate looking 46A D8H on ebay for someone in the US

Iron Man

I know it's not a D8H but here's a pic of a snazzy D8T going up for auction in California soon!

Attachments

• item_40235_catimage_1.jpg
    item_40235_catimage_1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,361
Last edited by a moderator:

Imaginemw

Occupation
Welder/Fabricator, Dozer owner/operator
I go to that auction in California all the time, and one needs to be VERY careful there, because they allow the owners to up the bids (they're bidding online, of course they won't let you know that). Keep a careful eye on bidders if bidding there. In my experience, that dozer will easily go for $130K+.

DPete

I go to that auction in California all the time, and one needs to be VERY careful there, because they allow the owners to up the bids (they're bidding online, of course they won't let you know that). Keep a careful eye on bidders if bidding there. In my experience, that dozer will easily go for $130K+.
nice machine, probably closer to $230K+

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
All things equal I will take my D8K over that T any day. It's paid for and I can work on it. Did I mention that I am not a high track guy either?

d9ripper

Occupation
Dozer operator
that 8yt is one beautiful dozer iv operated many d8's from k's to n's to r's but never a t not yet atleast

oldirt

greg

Why do you dislike the elevated sprocket track design? Just wondering.. I can see there is extra track to buy/maintain.. probably easier to do a final? maybe trans too?

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Oldirt,

Like I said. It is paid for and I can work on it. don't need a laptop computer full of software to trouble shoot it. I have never been a high track fan either. One thing I just never liked the feel of them, heard lots of things about which will do more, which is better with a rippe on it etc.

Looks like it has come full circle too. Look at the new D7E's.

oldirt

greg

Interesting it is to see the new E with low finals. I really don't know much about the high drives and wondered what the negatives were is all. I agree having your iron debt free is worth an awful lot. Mine is too.

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
i dunno about the 8's but there is no difference in power between a D6R and D6T, the T just has a switch you can hit to have half gears, well it just idles the motor down which is pretty neat

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Half gears? Sounds to me like just another computer thing to go wrong and give trouble. What ever happen to KISS (keep it simple & stupid) Lets face it most of this kind of stuff that some computer hacker thinks up to put on these machines never gets used just like all of the crap on my cell phone that never gets used.

RolyD8k

Occupation
farmer & earthmoving contractor
Greg

Half gears? Sounds to me like just another computer thing to go wrong and give trouble. What ever happen to KISS (keep it simple & stupid) Lets face it most of this kind of stuff that some computer hacker thinks up to put on these machines never gets used just like all of the crap on my cell phone that never gets used.

i could,nt agree more,i went to buy a very late D6RLGP,once in the cab i
could,nt find the hand throttle,the finning fitter showed me the two switches
that controled the rev,s,also if an injector pipe is changed it will need a
lap-top to set the engine up again,with that i walked away from it,theres
everything to go wrong that you cant fix yourself,we run three late
D6HLGP,s and three D6RLGP,s pre electric crap,been no trouble at all,
along with six D8K,s the best 300hp scraper tractor ever built:)
RB

DPete

I'm with you guys on the new electronic machines, must be a wiring nightmare. Imagine what a wayward rat, rabbit or mice could do. I've got an 06' C15 in one of the scrapers with electronic everything, half scared to pressure wash the engine compartment.