• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT dozer blade wiring help, please

RRBuilder

I first posted this in a different forum - probably the wrong one, trying here instead.

I bought a CAT dozer blade attachment (model# 231-5275) that is missing the wiring harness. Seller said one of his cows ate it. I pulled the cover off the solenoids and attached new wires to what was remaining. There are 2 solenoids, each with 2 wires. I need help understanding how the two solenoids should be wired to control blade tilt and angle. Each solenoid makes a "click" sound when wired to 12 volts.

To keep this message simple, I won't bore everyone with what I've tried to date. If someone can tell me or provide a copy of the wiring diagram and or hydraulic schematic for this attachment I would be greatly appreciative.

I will be using this on my Bobcat T200 skid steer that has a 14 pin connector, I am familiar with what each pin does, that's not the issue.

Here's a picture of the solenoids, if it helps...

Dozer solenoids.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
This subject has been covered before (I think). If I can find any previous threads I'll post them as link(s).

Hydraulic Lines Parts diagram attached.
The original Cat harness for the 231-5275 Blade Group is a 225-8015. Hopefully the attached document may be of assistance.
If not, the next stop I would recommend is Skid Steer Genius who sell custom harnesses to hitch any work tool to any make of machine. https://www.skidsteergenius.com/

Attachments

• REHS2155-02- Work Tool Wire Harnesses.pdf
    606.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 231-5273 Lines Gp.pdf
    194.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

storminnorman

Im having a problem with my cat blade.. Looks like by the diagram shown both solenoids get power at the same time? And share a ground? There are only 4 wires. If I power 1 solenoid nothing works the hydraulic function just deadhead. when I power both solenoids it turns and angles at the same time. I can't get the blade to angle on its own without turning side to side. Any suggestions? Hose routing is correct. Unfortunately I purchased it from a fella that mutilated the wiring and switched hoses and could not get it to work on his bobcat. So I bought it assuming it would be simple. It functions but not correct. Am I correct in assuming the solenoids are simple and both get power and ground simultaneously? Could it be an adjustment on the valve block?

storminnorman

Kubota svl95-2 cat blade . My question is simple. Do both solenoids have to be energized to just angle the blade? It angles fine with aux function in the machine. Why have 2 solenoids

Attachments

• 16948891845483259998511362002982.jpg
    16948891845483259998511362002982.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
According to the Parts Manual for the blade there is a solenoid on the manifold for angling and another for tilt, so it would appear not.
See attached.

Skid Steer Genius appears to be the go-to place for custom wiring wiring harnesses to connect a machine from one OEM to a work tool from a different OEM.

Attachments

• Ctrl Manifoild Gp.pdf
    220.9 KB · Views: 17

storminnorman

Thank you for all of the information. I can assume I wired it correctly that each solenoid is on its own switch. Would you have a suggestion why if the angle solenoid is energized it deadhead and doesn't do anything. It seems to function backwards. It seems like it shouldn't do anything and be dead headed until you operate the hydraulic rocker in the machine and energize each solenoid. Angle function works without a solenoid activation and if you hold both solenoids it will angle and tilt. Each function will not operate individually. Are the relief valves adjustable? I have no idea what the previous owner did.

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
Sounds like you have it wired correct.
Is it possible the previous owner switched hoses around and that is causing the deadhead?

storminnorman

The diverter solenoid doesn't function properly. I'm assuming the messed with the relief valves. Its plumbed right and wired right. If the cranked in the relief screw would it dead head the diverter solenoid function?

heymccall

On my planers from alitec, sideshift works with no electricity.
Sideshift requires no coils active.
Tilt requires two coils active (sideshift cancel and tilt).
Depth requires two coils active (sideshift cancel and depth).

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I thought BC was a like a 7 pin harness. CAT, CNH and others I am sure are 14 pin. Maybe I am wrong about that.

storminnorman

Wiring isn't the issue its a very simple circuit. It has 2 solenoids. Its not the wiring. The diverting solenoid dead heads the hydraulics and i don't understand why.. The tilt works but angles also.

heymccall

Most likely, the angle solenoid is a NO circuit, and the tilt is a NC circuit.
Best guess says you have two tilt or two angle cartridges, when it should be one of each.
Normal operation w/o electricity is angle.
Normal operation with electricity to both coils stops the angle and enables the tilt.Screenshot_20230918-145433_Drive.jpg

storminnorman

It thas the correct part numbers in the correct location according to the parts break down. Has the correct hose routing. I'm out of options. Nothing makes good sense. Only thing I have not done or checked is the relieve valves. But I'm unsure how that would matter as its not an open center constantly flowing system.

4G Landworks

Any updates on this issue? I am having the same issue. Wiring is correct. I have 12v to each solenoid and everything is routed as the drawing shows. When taking the solenoids apart one has two springs and one only has one. I beleive these have been take. Apart before and possibly not put back together correctly. Does anyone have a diagram for the internals or can help in some way. Thanks.