• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT Hybrid?

movindirt

I think that would a handy machine, I'd love to hook a bobcat dumping hopper on it for a stone box, be nice in tight areas instead of tracking back and forth to the pile.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I saw that on EW. That machine would be perfect for plumbers and electricians working in the commercial market. Dig the trench, lay the pipe or conduit and backfill with stone, one doesn't need a high lift capacity to scoop stone out of a pile and dump it in a trench. Then they can clean up the spoils without a skid. If the spoils need to be hauled off then they can be loaded with the excavator.

dirthog28

A couple of months a ago I came across something on EBay a guy was making and selling quick attach plates to go on mini's just like the Cat. He had a video demonstrating his Kubota 121 it showed a 4n1 bucket, forks and even a harley rake which he hooked into his auxiliary lines on the stick. He was selling the quick attach for something like 8k I believe and you had to have angle blade on your machine. I can't find anything now, I wonder if this is his design Cat got from him.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I can't find anything now, I wonder if this is his design Cat got from him.

This kind of mini-ex/skid combo is made by a few European manufactures, it's just a simple variation of those.