• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat it14f vs komatsu wa120

bohunk

I am looking for a smaller payloader for my small feedlot and there’s an it14f and a wa120 for sale within a reasonable distance from me. Both have a third valve but the komatsu doesn’t have a quick attach. The komatsu has a Cummins and the cat has a 3114 in it. The komatsu has about 3500ish less hours. From what I’ve heard these are both good machines but I don’t know if one would be better than the other assuming they are comparable in price. Thank you.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Have a good mechanic do quality inspection of both along with some oil samples, even if it costs you $1000 , that will be like toilet paper compared to a major repair bill of $40000.00 in this age. And yes I did inspect a machine for a guy that costed him $500, and he never bought as oil samples were horrible.
He was not upset over the $500 he spent.
Simon C