• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat serial number lookup for options.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
This is the first Cat machine that i own so I would just like to know what it has on it, also if it has High Flow.
the machine is standard flow according to sis, unless modified and not entered in to simms
as I said you can get and idea via the joystick and connectors
Mark

George Lozoya

Hello. I’m new to this Forum and wondering if anyone can give me any info on this 3406B cat serial# 4MG60287. Any info if possible is greatly appreciated

Thx George.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
To add a little flesh to Chris's post above.........
The engine produced 350 BHP @ 1800 RPM with 1350 ft lbs of torque @ 1100 RPM when it was originally built. High Idle RPM with no load is 1975 RPM. Of course if anyone has made major changes to the engine since that time these figures are not guaranteed.

If you need anything else please ask.

yasard1

Hi, we have d7g dozer, i want to learn the manufacturing year. Is there anyone who knows how to find it with serial number? Serial number: 92v4905 thanks.

Philologus

I am new to forum and new to heavy equipment. I just purchased a Cat 416C and a John Deere 350 dozer to work on a piece of property in northern Idaho. I am trying to find out if the operations manual I am seeing on eBay is correct. The PIN # on the plate is 5YN05205 and the manuals show 5YN1- up. Would this be the correct manual. Is there a better place to find a manual? I am a true newbie, so any info is appreciated especially date manufactured, etc.
Machine # is 416C PIN # 5YN05205 Arrangement # 1431736 Engine Serial # is 5HK90056 Arrangement # 1228804, Transmission # E9817553 Arrangement # 1117814.

Nige

Just for a little more clarification, 5YN1-Up is actually shorthand for 5YN00001-Up, so effectively from the first machine built. Don't worry, you're not the first person to be confused by it.
BTW congratulations for posting full Serial Number details in your first post. By doing that you have achieved more than most...........
You can get a brand-new Operations Manual in downloadable pdf format from Cat for $66.
Go to https://catpublications.com/
Select "Continue as Guest"
Type SEBU6873 in the box and hit Search. The screen below should appear
upload_2019-2-15_5-38-30.png

Philologus

Cmark and Nige, thank you for your help. I really appreciate the people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. You really don't know what you don't know, and a lack of knowledge in this field can be expensive and dangerous. Any pointers and tips will be put to good use. I would rather learn from all your mistakes and experience, then make my own "original" mistakes that I can pass on to others that might be helpful to them. Thanks again!

Nige

If you want a Parts Manual for the machine you need to be looking for document SEBP2389 in the same Cat Publications website - $89 for a pdf of version 42.
If you look in eBay pay close attention to the version of the manual. The version number is the dash and the two digits that come after SEBP2389 in the publication reference on the front cover. Most are version 0 (no dash after the ref.), a few are like version 3 or 4 or similar. Also be aware that the paper manual is 2 books. If you see only one book offered on eBay then it's only half of what you need. The example below is complete but it is only version 03.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Caterp...954397?hash=item2c691b3f5d:g:2iYAAOxyJX1TFjAU

Philologus

Nige, thank you very much. I have to wait 2 weeks for delivery of my machine due to the snow we have had. I am ordering the manuals you suggested and will be studying them.