• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT T9B trencher?

dirtworksequip

Can anyone tell me if the Cat T9B trenching attachments for the skid steers require hi-flow or standard hydraulics to run them? I looked on Cat's site,but couldn't find the hyd requirements listed.

Thanks,
Dirt

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Cat specs shows that the T9B 233-2350 Trencher hydraulic range (Pressure and Flow) is well exceeded by some Hi-Flow models...therefore the Hi-flow may not be suitable. I compared the Cat 246B to the 248B (Hi-flow). The 246B's hydraulics fit nicely into the range specified for the T9B whereas the 248B exceeds the specs in both flow and pressure.

That said the auxilliary circuit can sometimes be adjusted to suit the implement. You need to check out the different models of the skid and the attachment. T9B specs are here:

http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=37901&x=7&location=drop

Just click on the model number to see the specs.

The skids hydraulic performance are listed under specifications for each machine.

The funny thing is chain trenchers have been removed from the Australian website...I guess they are not selling them here anymore. Also, I checked out a few aftermarket chain trenchers awhile back when I first got the Hi-flow....they said the pressure on the 248B was too high for their trenchers and different motors would need to be fitted as well as adjusting the aux circuit on the machine.....it all ended up being more expensive than b uying the T9B from Cat.

I have been quoted b y the Cat dealer for a T9B for my 246 but have never actually asked if it could go on the 248B. I would be fun as a result of the awesome hydraulic performance the 248 has.

dirtworksequip

hyd flow T9B

squizzy,thanks for pointing out the hyd specs for the T9B on the Cat site. Somehow I missed that when i was looking for it earlier.

Sincerely,
Dirt