• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat transmission codes

partsandservice

Looking to diagnose the issue with first gear slippage before removing the transmission. When attempting to operate machine in first gear , it will throw the slippage code and go into limp mode with only second gear. It also has output speed sensor codes. I need to know which two modulated valves corresponds to each gear. Each valve has a pressure check port. We will get to all the codes but first we will deal with the transmission. Thanks in advance. The picture shows the trans codes as inactive but will become active under operation this picture was taken key on engine off

966M KJPKIMG0897.JPG

partsandservice

Thanks Nige, Would you happen to know which solonoid is which . I cant see any numerical marking with the cab on and old eyes. I do know that some other cat transmission I have dealt with that had the same modulated valves they were not lined up in sequence. 2 1 3 5 4 6. KIMG0899.JPG