• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT930G Trouble Again!!!

FFR1998

Hi all,

So the boys were using the loader and all was fine. All of a sudden the joystick stopped working. They cant move the bucket at all and the steering seems pretty tight. Any suggestions? Please help!

This is the only piece of equipment that we have and need to keep our business going.

Per Eriksson

What do you mean by steering seems tight?

If both bucket and lift stopped working at the same time I'd check the pilkot pressure enable solenoid, they are a common failure point.

FFR1998

the entire joystick isnt working so they cant lift or move the bucket. and the steering isnt working at all. It seems to be locked up. I'm having them check the fuses at this point and triple check all the fluids.

Per Eriksson

Does it have steering when you run the seconday steering pump?

What's your serial? If i remember correctly these machines have a vane type mainpump that can fail prematurely.

Per Eriksson

The main pump supplies oil to the steering through a priority valve and then it goes to the main valve that has a pressure reducing valve that supplies oil to the pilotcircuits.
The joystick sends signals to the ecm that sends signals to the pilotsolenoids that operate the main valve.
So if there's no steering and no implement movement and it occured at the same time I think something must have happened to the main pump or it's drive.
I checked and it's not a vane pump, it's a piston pump but I still think it is somerhing with the pump that's causing this.

Do you have a pressure gauge?

FFR1998

hi, this is steve, the yard supervisor. as far as the bucket and lift goes, its not responsive at all. the joystick moves freely, but is not functioning the hydraulics. i began to check all connections(hydraulic and wiring) and everything is fine. i began thinking "hydraulic" and decided to check the steering. the steering wheel turns as if there were no power steering and yet again, function was unresponsive..... loader will not turn. checked a few fuses, so far all are fine.

FFR1998

lol.... thats what i figured. theres no leaks or anything, but my question now is, do the steering and bucket/lift controls work off of the same pump??

Per Eriksson

Yes, there are 1 more pump mounted on the side of the engine that drives the fan and brakes but that's it.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I see no mention of the lockout switch. Anyone checked to see if the hydraulics are shut off?