• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 955 vs Cat 941B

Metalman 55

I own both, but just based on a visual comparison I would say no, the 955L that I have is quite a bit heavier than the 941.

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
I think the very early 955 12A serial numbered machines use the D4 undercarriage. The chain had 1/2 bolts where the 941 probably has 9/16 or 5/8 so you couldn't mix the parts. Rollers would work and idlers may but I would have to wait until I get back to work to look it up. No on the sprockets.

Easiest way to check is the bolt hole pattern on the track chain. The 941 will have a square pattern. If the 955 chain has a square pattern it would work but you have to count the numbber of links in each chain. It the 955 has a bolt pattern in a V shape it's a different pitch chain and won't work and none of the other parts will either.

James

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Those would be the H and earlier Trackscavator units, very different from the K or L units.