• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Tetragage, part#:6V7830, looking to buy!

shinigamix2x

Good day,

If anyone has a good used CAT tetragage for sale please inform me, if brand new for cheaper than dealer price that'll be great too.

Best regards,
T.Mohan

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Last edited:

shinigamix2x

This looks promising, will give this a try.
Have you used this gauge set before?

also thank you for the link.

Bob/Ont

You would be better off just buying three gauges with connectors. Put the high 8,000 psi one on first then step down to the proper pressure gauge when you know its safe. The pressure cut off valve inside of it is the expensive part.
Later Bob

kshansen

Occupation
You would be better off just buying three gauges with connectors. Put the high 8,000 psi one on first then step down to the proper pressure gauge when you know its safe. The pressure cut off valve inside of it is the expensive part.
Later Bob

This is true, but some time you will have a circuit that might be in the range of one of the lower gauges at idle but jump up to the higher ranges when under load. Also with the three gauge set up you don't have to stop and switch from one to the other.

kshansen

Occupation
Good day,

If anyone has a good used CAT tetragage for sale please inform me, if brand new for cheaper than dealer price that'll be great too.

Best regards,
T.Mohan

I just checked our price at Cat on the 6V7830, I know why you were asking about a good used one, $715.00!

Plant Fitter

Later Bob

This is true, but some time you will have a circuit that might be in the range of one of the lower gauges at idle but jump up to the higher ranges when under load. Also with the three gauge set up you don't have to stop and switch from one to the other.

I would look at a Stauff digital gauge. They are suited to both of these situations of being able to handle the high pressure, and read high and low pressure on the same circuit. Should be cheaper than a Cat tetragauge.

See these links for more detail:

http://www.stauff.com/index.php?id=208&MP=200-1472

http://www.stauff.com/index.php?id=1473

reparacionmico

i can Repair it and another parts

hello work for a manufacturing company Caterpillar quadrigages brakes caliper brakes master cylinders and boosters pedals, I get their orders from mexico I write I can repair them needing any of this. Including this quadrigage course.