• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CB's Fancy Smancy Photo Gallery

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Are those locomotives on lease or did you buy them from BN?

We purchased them from a dealer out of Alabama. It wasn't BN though.

We bought them about 7 years ago, fully refurbished including paint.

Countryboy

Occupation
Great pictures CB I love the Chevy :yup thanks for sharing

Thanks Brian. :thumbsup

Ol' Bessy is my pride and joy and has been neglected for a while now. She's about to get the special treatment in a little bit though.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Thanks Brian. :thumbsup

Ol' Bessy is my pride and joy and has been neglected for a while now. She's about to get the special treatment in a little bit though.

What's the special treatment, CB...Probably a nylon tow strap hooked to the rear bumper of a FORD..:p :D :naughty :laugh :falldownlaugh :lmao :shf :popcorn:stirthepot

Countryboy

Occupation
What's the special treatment, CB...Probably a nylon tow strap hooked to the rear bumper of a FORD..:p :D :naughty :laugh :falldownlaugh :shf :popcorn:stirthepot

Where else ya sposed to pull from when a Ford's brokedown in the mud? :beatsme :D

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
countryboy, for only learning how to post pictures less then a week ago, you are getting pretty good.
how about posting pictures of the ladies at work, this will wake up digger, i have let him sleep for the last couple of night. a man needs his rest once in a while, LOL
yes digger canadian turkey day is this weekend, i thought i would remind you, LOL

thansk

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
King of 'O...it doesn't pay to post pics of women on here, they mysteriously somehow keep turning into boat motors, boots, and other inanimate objects.

I wonder if you use reverse psychology and post a picture of a boat motor with a female name, if it would turn into.... a....naaaahhhh. Forget it.:p

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
just trying to keep the thread alive and off topic, LOL

will see if i have a picture f the boat motor and maybe it will in to that lady of my dreams (i dought she wouldmove to the KINGDOM when she finds out i have no money, LOL)

thansk

Countryboy

Occupation
Well, I've been slacking on pictures but I did get a picture of this Volvo 330 while I was sitting at a red light. There were several other new pieces in the area but the cars kept getting in the way :rolleyes:. A couple seconds after I took this picture both lanes were full of traffic. People think they can just drive where ever they want....I'M TRYING TO TAKE PICTURES HERE!!! :D

Volvo 330.jpg

These two are while loading a railcar.

Oct22_0001.jpg

Oct22_0002.jpg

Countryboy

Occupation
That looks like quite the operation where you work CB!!!

Yeah, its a fairly large operation. I'm just lucky that I only have to worry about my little corner of it. :cool:

Work !!!???!!!???

I think all the guy does is sit at the computer and post on HEF...:D :falldownlaugh :avid :stirthepot

Well.....well.....atleast.....well.......(comes back about 10 minutes later)......

Ahh, OK you got me. :D

Countryboy

Occupation
Well, this is what I found when I got to work......day shift derailed 4 cars. :bash

The gauge of the track was out of spec where they came off. It is supposed to be 57 1/2 inches but when we measured it, the gauge was at 60 inches. The wheels started dropping in the flange-way causing the outside rail to roll over.

A re-railing company will be out Saturday to put them back on....charging the big bucks of course :cool: . Easy night for me tonight. :D

I'll try to stop by and get some pictures when they start to put them back on.

Oct25_0001.jpg

Oct25_0002.jpg

Oct25_0003.jpg

Oct25_0004.jpg

Oct25_0005.jpg

Countryboy

Occupation
Oct25_0006.jpg

Oct25_0008.jpg

Oct25_0009.jpg

Oct25_0010.jpg

You can see in this picture how far the rail rolled over. :Banghead

Oct25_0007.jpg

trainwreck

looks just like the amtrack we pick up last night. the had 3 locomotives off all with 2 wheels on the ground due to rolled rail.we just frogged the back on and sent them on there way.

Countryboy

Occupation
I've tried to get them to invest in a set of re-railers but they like to spend the big bucks to have someone else do it. Something like these are the kind I've been looking at.

If they would spend the $1600 then 99% of our re-railing can be done inhouse. Our current method is to roll the wheels on steel plate and slide them over with a loader. Empty cars are easy but loaded ones can be a real pain. Those re-railers can save alot of work.

Last edited:

trainwreck

we use a similar thing to that. the funny thing is they can be more of a pain than they are worth some times. in your case it would take alot of digging to use them being that the rail in your yard it full of rock. if the frogs do not sit flat on the ties you can cause more damage.

Lashlander

Man I hate it when that happens.:cussing Maybe CB needs to get out there with a shovel and clean out between the tracks.:yup