• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cco

BLASZER

Occupation
Local #17 union operator
Anyone have experiences with the new cco testing? I hear OSHA is pressing for a new law in NY that will require cco cert and will make the NYS crane operator license useless null and void! I cant believe there are states that dont require a crane license that should be targetted first ,rather than a state that already has a program in place. On top of that, you need to recert every 5 years..Everyone will recert the written and if you can prove 1000 hours of crane work in the 5 years, you are exempt from the practical recert...$190 written and $80 for three differant types of cranes..hyd.over 15 ton , hyd. under 15 ton, and conventional......Can you say aggrevating??????? I hope NY state fights it, and they should....If it passes, there will be no more income generated from the state license or the DOL......What are your thoughts?