• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion 715a.

Silveroddo

I'm sorry to say I have no first hand knowledge of that motor, I'm just telling you what I've run into on other machines based on what you're describing. I have run into the emergency shut off being activated on 6v71's. I've seen shut off solenoids fail on a number of motors.
You need to verify that you're getting fuel to and past the filters. After that its one of the other things noted above.
Also as JaredV said, you need to be aware of how these things can run away and be prepared for the possibility.

gredan

Okay, an update. I have the machine running. I cleaned the injectors and freed the rack. New filters and fuel and she runs. The next problem, steering and the springs on top of the governor. This machine has a single weight variable speed governor with idle range of 500-900 rpm. The springs were disconnected on the top of it. I’m trying to find a picture of one that’s attached correctly or a diagram. The manuals do not provide that information. And this machine has two hydraulic pumps. Has anyone tore into them?

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
I'll try to answer a few questions. The transmission is run by a torque convertor mated by a driveshaft to the transmission. As stated earlier, you need to be stopped ( or just creeping at idle... makes the gears mesh better) to shift between hi-lo but the 1-2-3 ranges can be shifted on the go. The fuel shutoff is attached to the governor and the emergency shutoff is located in the intake elbow on the side of the block. It is basically a door that is released that closes and shuts off the air supply to the engine. This needs to be manually reset if that lever is pulled. The accelerator pedal is just that, stomp it to the floor to make some noise and smoke.