• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion 720 accumulator's pressure switch and bleeding.

Southbus

Hello friends, I need to get the pressure switch that is installed under the accumulators, while I get them I'll put some npt plugs, is there a way to bleed that end of the hydraulic circuit?
The part number of switchs is: 44433

Thank you!!!

Cesar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827_102901_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_102901_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230827_095327.jpg
    20230827_095327.jpg
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230827_095315.jpg
    20230827_095315.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 3

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
If you can't find them, I would eliminate them. Not all graders have them. Our old 730 didn't have them, and the only time I turn them on in my Volvo is when I am grading an area that has a lot of bug rocks.

Southbus

Hi cuttin edge
If you can't find them, I would eliminate them. Not all graders have them. Our old 730 didn't have them, and the only time I turn them on in my Volvo is when I am grading an area that has a lot of bug rocks.
first thanks for your interest in helping me, do you mean removing the accumulators or pressure switches?
My problem is only with the switch because it has an oil leak, I imagine that this switch has nothing to do with the operation of the accumulator, but apparently it is only activating the light and alarm when the hydraulic oil pressure drops to a certain limit.

What do you mean?
Thank you!
Cesar

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Hi cuttin edge

first thanks for your interest in helping me, do you mean removing the accumulators or pressure switches?
My problem is only with the switch because it has an oil leak, I imagine that this switch has nothing to do with the operation of the accumulator, but apparently it is only activating the light and alarm when the hydraulic oil pressure drops to a certain limit.

What do you mean?
Thank you!
Cesar
If you are not able to find the parts you need, and you are not doing any grading in rocky areas, eliminate the accumulators all together. A lot of graders don't even have them. The switches on my Volvo shut the system off altogether, as it makes it hard for fine grading. Only time I turn the system on, is when grading an area I know has a lot of hidden rocks, and I don't need to be precise. As for bleeding the system, that I am unsure of.