• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion Grader

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Thanks, I’m looking at a CL posted D-560HD whose owner is stating it’s an 1980ish rig which doesn’t sound right. I’ve got a serial number just no where to reference it.
They started making them in the 50s, not sure when they stopped. I doubt Volvo would be any help. You could try Jade equipment, I think they sell parts for Champion. I know that by the 80s you would be into the 700 series, and there was also a 600 series before that. A member up farther in this thread Motor Grader. Used to be involved with Champion, but I have not seen him on here in a long time.

Kelly Johnson

I guess the question is for how long were the 500 series continuing to be produced after commencing in the 50’s. It has the 471.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I guess the question is for how long were the 500 series continuing to be produced after commencing in the 50’s. It has the 471.
I would suggest starting a new thread posting the serial number and what it's for, and asking if anyone can date it. This thread is quite old. Maybe post some pictures if you have any.

Reactions: DB2

Fatgraderman

Occupation
Crash test dummy
Not all of them. I have a 1990 740 with an L10 and a 99 with an M11.
Regarding the 560 there was also a 562 and a 565. Not sure what the difference was though.
Yes- but he was referring to 730’s. They all had 8.3’s after 84.

Reactions: DB2