• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cheap-ooo One inch Impacts ??

LeakyBoot

Tools

I ordered the wrench Tonka posted the link to. Along with a set of sockets and 25 ft of half inch hose. Got it Saturday. Plumbed it up with a metal T fitting on the end of the 25 ft of hose. In each end of the T, I screwed in a male coupler for regular 3/8 hose. Now I run 2 smaller hoses then it goes to the one 1/2 incher. Tried it on a lug nut on my truck and it zipped it right off. But it was a dayton wheel so test will be on the budds on the Pete. Total for all three, wrench, sockets, hose, was just over $200, with shipping. LB

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
However there is the better choice that is ITEM 92504-4VGA $339.99 13 CFM@ 110 PSI 220 volt, 60 Hz, 23.5 amps (start up), 12.5 amps (no load), 20 ft. stripped power cord ready for 220 volt plug connection; Overall dimensions: 18'' W x 22'' D x 42'' H, I feel this will run a 1" without any problems, and like I said before.

That's the one I've been looking at, linked in my post above. Although the tank is kinda small, the rest of the specs more than make up for it. We'll see what the quality is like when I get it.

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
CraftsWOMAN

I paid $229.95 for a compressor at Sears without looking at the spec's! It's a 5CFM@ 90 PSI, therefore cannot handle a 1/2" impact whic need 8CFM min and 10 CFM normal! I tried to return it stating that it was NOT what I wanted, as advertised. It was supposed to be able to run a 1/2" impact. Well at that low of performance it can't run a die grinder, let alone an impact of any worth! I was told since there was no problem with the unit, that I had no recourse, and even though it crried the Craftsman name, there was no warrenty as to repair or replacement! So I'm stuck with it, and my wife reminding me of this purchase allll ttthhheee TTTTIIIIIMMMMMEEEE! I bought this before I knew about HF! Had I been informed, Sears would NOT have sold me their Craftswoman want-to be air compressor that is a refugee from a gas station air station!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I paid $229.95 for a compressor at Sears without looking at the spec's! It's a 5CFM@ 90 PSI, therefore cannot handle a 1/2" impact whic need 8CFM min and 10 CFM normal! I tried to return it stating that it was NOT what I wanted, as advertised. It was supposed to be able to run a 1/2" impact. Well at that low of performance it can't run a die grinder, let alone an impact of any worth! I was told since there was no problem with the unit, that I had no recourse, and even though it crried the Craftsman name, there was no warrenty as to repair or replacement! So I'm stuck with it, and my wife reminding me of this purchase allll ttthhheee TTTTIIIIIMMMMMEEEE! I bought this before I knew about HF! Had I been informed, Sears would NOT have sold me their Craftswoman want-to be air compressor that is a refugee from a gas station air station!

I had looked at some of the Craftsman compressors while shopping. First thing I noticed was that on 2 of the display models, the wheels were about to fall off. A compressor doesn't move very much so how are the tires already about to fall off? This was on their "Professional Series"!!! :confused:

I asked the salesman about them and he said "compressors don't move much so they use lesser quality wheels to keep the price down". The compressor was over $800....when do the savings start??? I mean come on, even though a compressor doesn't travel much, the wheels still have to hold the thing up!!!!

I left then and there. The compressor itself might have been exceptional quality, I'll never know, but I do know I need one that will atleast stand up by itself. :rolleyes:

Most of my tools are Craftsman and most are good quality tools. You won't ever find a Craftsman compressor in my garage though. I'll try my luck at Harbor Freight....atleast if you end up with a piece of junk, you didn't take out a second mortgage for it and you can take it back for another one. I could go out and buy an Ingersoll-Rand, DeWalt or some other trustworthy name brand but for my occasional use, I'd be spending way too much money.

Ya got me all worked up now :D....wait till I get my taxes back. Forget waiting for it to go on sale again, I'm gonna go get that Harbor Freight compressor. :drinkup

rino

Occupation
Congrats

Hope you get a good one off the bat! Never seen a compressor returned, and haven't had any problems with this brand. Look out rust nut and bolts, the man has a plan, that is tried and true! IMPACT with a$$!

rino

Occupation
Have you priced compressors at TSC? Tractor Supply Company has some compressor moderatly priced, and name brand! Their sight is down right now, but should be up tomarrow!

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I think die grinders use over 20cf per minute.I built up an old refrigeration compressor and am using an old truck air tank for storage and I can only use a die grinder for short blasts and I had to put a regulator on it to do that.I am sure that an impact wrench would be out of the question too.I think the best impact wrench I ever used was electric.That is in the 1/2" size at least.
I picked up an oilless compressor a few years ago but it is three phase.I wish I could get that running but will probably end up selling it.I also have a single phase one that I built a hand cart for that works pretty slick around the yard here.Ron G

rino

Occupation
Another Compressor for Countryboy

TSC has their site up, and here is what I found! SKU Number: 3310006Campbell Hausfeld Compressor, 60 gal, 3.2 HP, 135 PSI. 135 max PSI 10.2/11.5 SCGM @ 90/40 PSI. Cast iron two cylinder pump operates 35% quieter and 60 degrees cooler than aluminum pumps with cast iron sleeves. ASME certified tank. $404.99

Then there is the SKU Number: 3300718 Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor, 60 gal, 4 HP, 135 PSI three cylinder, oil lube cast iron compressor pump. 7,500 hours of extended pump life. Delivers 13.5/16.0 SCFM @ 90/40 PSI. High air flow to power a wide variety of air tools. Maximum pressure 135 PSI. Control panel with two universal couplers. Protected pressure switch. ASME certified tank. Vertical Type; 60 gal Capacity; 4 HP; 135 PSI (Max); Cast Iron (Pump) Material. $599.99!

If you sho in the right place, and have some knowledge, you can get a deal just anout anywhere!

Good luck Countryboy!!!

Duke

How about the ones at Depot & Lowes? They're always peddling big shop compressors. I'm gonna check out the TSC model.

rino

Occupation
House De pot & Lowers

Forget lowes! They have the want-to-be air station 4 CFM@90 PSI. Hell you fart harder than that!

House Pot however has a decent compressor SKU# 710098 HUSKY 60 Gallon Cast Iron Air Compressor Model VT6314. This compressor offers a solid cast iron, twin cylinder compressor pump. It also offers 135 PSI maximum pressure and air delivery 11.5/10.2 SCFM @ 40/90 PSI. Over 35 percent quieter and 60degrees cooler than aluminum pumps with cast iron sleeves. It does need 240 volt/15 amps single phase!