• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Check out my hoe,.........please.

Shimmy1

Since you mentioned farm use, a little bit of advise. If you notice in my pics, when the windshield is in the raised (open) position, the frame and glass stick out the front of the cab about a foot or so. It doesn't take a very big stick falling out of a tree to bust the glass out, and there will be glass all over the inside of the cab. The 125 window got busted in this way in 1998, we used a shop-vac inside the cab 3 different times, and you can still find little pieces of glass if you look hard enough. the operator (I use that term VERY loosely) that was running it at the time swore up and down that he didn't pull a tree towards the cab, but instead a small branch fell out of the tree while he was PUSHING it over.

Any chance one of you Case guys could take a few detailed pics of the retractable windshield?
My 160CK's is missing entirely (frame and all), and I would like to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Steve

Do you know if the windshield and frame is the same as the 880, 1080, and 1280? I might have the frame for you.

Briggs

Early on page one, somebody stated the 160 has the same engine as the 125B. Did the 125B replace the 160? Aside from the newer under carriage, and different engine covers, they seem to be the same sized machine. Some of the Euro Case-Poclain 125Bs that I've seen pictures of, even had the shorter boom seen on the 125B.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
I had a customer with a 160, it had a crossbreed 180 undercarriage. Case was a joke as far as parts support. I actually had to buy sprockets to have the rim cut off and welded to the centers that were on the machine. and once had to do the same with a drive hub in a sprocket. (No planetaries on that one). For limited easy use it could be a good machine, otherwise... Hail no.