• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Check your grease. In fact, check everything.

emmett518

Ordered two cases of grease from Napa. Grease oil and filters are getting scarce, so I decided to stock up. Facing a snow filled driveway with no grease is a nightmare.

Anyway, the two cases arrived at the store, so I picked them up. The boxes appeared to have been opened, but I didn’t inspect. After all, they wouldn’t sell damaged goods, right?

Wrong.

When I got home, and took the boxes out of the truck, they disintegrated. Upon closer examination, it looked like the cases had been dropped. Multiple times. The metal flip top ends were bent, crushed and caved in. A few of the tubes were actually leaking.

Had to order two new cases. Hoping Napa is not shipping all the junk leftover in the warehouse.

Lesson of the day. When buying anything these days, inspect before leaving the store. Make sure you’ve got the right part, it’s all there and not damaged. Make sure the charges are right. The retail space is a mess, and likely to get worse instead of better.