• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

clean up buckets

ctkiteboarding

what size cln up bucket should i get for my cx36 i have an 18" the dealer has a 36 "or 42 "in stock,, i have to go pick it up Friday and want to get the cln-up when i do , anyone have a cln up bucket what size ? and how do u like it ?:usa

nedly05

We have a JD 27 ZTS, we have a 30" and never take it off.The machine handles it great too. It is nice for power lines it leaves a nice trench floor. We clean a lot of ditch cleaning and that type work also. I would never be without one.

jmac

I would think the bigger the better as long as the machine can handle it. For grading the wider the flat surface the faster it will be. I had one with my Bob Cat 331 and graded a complete yard with it because the ground was to wet to use a dozer and had to complete the job for the sod to be installed. Any trench work needed you just change to a 24" digging bucket.

PMP

Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic 30 yrs. + 2.5 to retirement
Cleaning and Finish Bucket

I have a 36" cleaning/Finishing Bucket on a TB135; Same setup as ATGreene.
has a tilt with a bolt on edge. Only way to go.

nedly05

the 18' comes w it id like a final grading bucket,,,,, nedly isn't the 30
abit large for general work ?

There are times when we put the 14" bucket on, but for what we do with it, we generally have the grading bucket on. I would love to have a little hyd. tilt bucket for it, anyone know what they go for??

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a 50" clean up bucket, next to the thumb one of the best attachments you can put on a mini. Very useful, especially for the relative low cost. The hyd. angle buckets are more money and I intend to purchase one of those as well.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
I have a 42" one on my Car 303 CR which I think is close to the same size machine. Handles it just fine.