• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cleanup doziers on the land we lease...

Redbug

Occupation
Retired and loving it...
I enjoy watching forestry equipment in operation. From aircraft spraying, logging, to planting the trees. Here's a few pics of some of the cleanup equipment used to get things ready to plant. The D7, (next post below), has a Savannah blade on the front. It has a long point in front which will split the stumps, while the serrated edge on the blade bottom shears everything off at ground level. The other doziers have disks to row up the land for planting. Debris cut and pushed to the side and rowed up all in one fell swoop! Pretty neat, huh?

Attachments

• Club Dozers 019.jpg
    Club Dozers 019.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 2,468
  • Club Dozers 002.jpg
    Club Dozers 002.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 2,505
  • Club Dozers 020.jpg
    Club Dozers 020.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 2,480
  • Club- Doziers 12-02-06 002.jpg
    Club- Doziers 12-02-06 002.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 2,451
  • Club- Doziers 12-02-06 005.jpg
    Club- Doziers 12-02-06 005.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 2,529
Last edited:

Redbug

Occupation
Retired and loving it...
The d6...

Savannah blade...which sometimes gets the serrated edge sharpened to cut better...oppps D7...

Attachments

• Club- Doziers 12-02-06 013.jpg
    Club- Doziers 12-02-06 013.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 2,512
  • Club- Doziers 12-02-06 011.jpg
    Club- Doziers 12-02-06 011.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 2,449

surfer-joe

I believe I enjoyed jobs in the woods with timbering or clearing more than any other work I ever did. Don't miss the bugs and snakes tho.

surfer-joe

Savannah blade is similiar to a Rome Plow. We used them a lot in Vietnam, the Army had hundreds of the critters I think, usually mounted on D7's.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I love clearing, The last few years dad has let me do all the ROW work at the landfill we run. Ive done clearing for others wit hvarious machines but really like grubbing with a dozer. I like the planning aspect and the challenges. I to get it all in my head then see it turn out like its supposed to. We just have a D5B, I have even used our homegrown 518 Feller buncher to compactor conversion. I used it like a jungle rusher to maul some sapplings. My second favorite thing to clear with was a D66E Komatsu trackloader with a rake. We had a mechanic that worked for Tenneco as a shear tractor operator. He said every few days you spent 3 hours every morning sharpening your stinger blade or KG. They had 8's with straight shifts in them. He said that they also had a few Fiat Allis with straight shifts to. He said that a Power shift would overheat. I used to work with a man that was in the Jungle Crushers, he had several pics of a HD21AC's And D8's and 9's. He showed me a picture of 8 KG tractors running side byside diagonally from each other and cutting a hellacious swath.

Redbug

Occupation
Retired and loving it...
That's right Taylor...I have seen the crew sharpening the serrated edges on the bottom of those Savannah Blades with 7 inch angle grinders. With a sharp blade, those things would shear an oak stump 2 1/2 feet in diameter flush with the ground. A larger stump could require hitting it again. Oak is pretty hard, and they go thru the softer pine stumps without slowing.