• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clearing Cat B series excavator fault codes

Columbo

Hi all, I’m trying to collect info on an issue that popped up on my machine, specifically it will start operating at reduced power after running for an hour or two. (It’s 311B, s/n 8GR00401). There a several stored fault codes in the service menu, can someone please post how to clear these codes so I can see which ones return after running for awhile? The instructions I have for accessing the service mode does not include the sequence to clear each code.

Once I have a better understanding of the codes and the symptoms of the power issue I’ll post a new thread on that topic. Thank you!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I think that this might help. It also includes the procedure to clear the Codes.
I would suggest that you note all the Codes before you erase them, because even the ones that don't return could have a bearing on the diagnosis of your problem.

Attachments

• Real Time Error Codes.pdf
    160.2 KB · Views: 11