• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Close Call

Queenslander

A neighbour of a mate of mine had a contractor bring a digger to help clean up a newly purchased block.
Unfortunately, he discovered a hidden underground water tank.
As can be seen by the high tide marks on the glass, the water level was initially much higher than that in the photos.
Unable to open the door and quickly running out of air he took one last dive and was able to find the window and get himself out.IMG_1868.jpeg
IMG_1869.jpeg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That is terrifying.

Thanks for sharing to remind all of us that sometimes it's the little stuff that will get you.

Queenslander

Apparently, the machine was relatively new to the operator so he wasn’t totally familiar with window latches etc.
Door wouldn’t open, couldn’t get the front window open, tried kicking it out… finding and opening the side window was his last option.
Was also working alone….arrived at my mate’s place in a severe state of shock.