• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cold cab on Tak T145, FAn blows but no heat, any ideas!

kyoshidog

Occupation
I am a career fire fighter in the Portland area (s
Hi all, I have a tak 145 with low hours, cab machine, has heat and A/C and as far as I can tell reverything seems to be working well "BUT", no heat. I have checked all the fuses, have coolant in machine, A/C is working, no signs of leaks anywhere. There is a cut off valve from the heater core to the water pump which can be cut off faster warm up in the summer but this is open and working.
I am out of ideas and hate to think of spending $500 to have someone show me a valve or something equally simple that I may have missed. Any thoughts good readers? I'm going to get my coat and will check back! Thanks for any and all ideas!

Karl

eric12

feel both sides of the thermostat and make sure its opening up letting hot water into the heater core. is it running hot or cold? the other thing you could look at is if the heater core is getting warm or not indicating a blockage or something turned off. then follow the hoses around for a difference in heat showing you where theres a blockage or a valve or something.

MX45

Dont know about your machine BUT had a Mitsubishi would not heat and checked everything I could imagine. Got some advice and pulled the panel off for the cable controls. Yep - cable was not connected correctly - two cables were connected to the wrong flaps and what was meant to open was closed and vice versa. Worked great after the cables were swapped to where they were supposed to be??? Worth a check.

MX45

kyoshidog

Occupation
I am a career fire fighter in the Portland area (s
Ok, I'll check all the cables as well, it almost looks like one of them may have come loose but I'm not sure yet, it's a real rats nest down there with cables, hoses, relays etc!