• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cold weather starting

old skool iron

Occupation
:·)»
where is the best place to install a engine heater? engine or raidiator lines. l need to plug it in at night here in the rockies.thanks. OSI

Digger Dan

My truck has a heater in the bottom rad hose so as it heats it slowly circulates naturally as the hot water rises, also a very simple heater to install.

bremery

I have a Kats tank heater that is connected to the bypass hose for the water pump and to the lower block drain. It works really well. I plug it in for about 20 minutes and I can start my 743 without the glow plugs. The important thing is the heater has to be installed vertical otherwise it will burn out. The type that goes into the lower radiator hose is not recommended for the bobcat. I think its because it will need to warm the whole block before it warms the head.