• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Committed to Buying 2001 Volvo EC160BLB, need Pattern Changer Info and any advice on this machine.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The attached surfaced while I was looking for something else.

Attachments

• B series Pattern Control_.pdf
    121.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 210 Option.jpg
    210 Option.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 8

Heavy Chevy

Good day
The three way selector valve gives the choice of hammer (One direction) or grab -thumb (two way direction)
See attached its at the arrow "A"
Kind regards
Uffex
View attachment 295176
Good Morning, So I take it to be push of a button in the cab electronics to select the attachment for use and that will tell that valve which way to function. I know my Mini (Takeuchi TB240) has interior screen selection......so bottomline, your drawing here would not be a manual switch on the operator at that valve body, correct?

Heavy Chevy

I'll pull up the line card in the morning, we'll go through it. If it has grapple, odds are, bi-directional. Unless its just some pin on thumb. . We'll see
Sounds great, the grappple is just pin on thumb.

Attachments

• Grapple.jpg
    Grapple.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 11
  • Grapple1.jpg
    Grapple1.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 11

Heavy Chevy

Good day
The attached surfaced while I was looking for something else.
I just watched the video the owner sent me and I screen shot that section and I see those parts...Yay! If all is good, then I may have gotten lucky.

Attachments

• VOLVO EC160BLC (Hydraulic screen shot1)jpg.jpg
    VOLVO EC160BLC (Hydraulic screen shot1)jpg.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 10
  • VOLVO EC160BLC (Hydraulic screen shot)jpg.jpg
    VOLVO EC160BLC (Hydraulic screen shot)jpg.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 10

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day HC
Let me see if I can complie the complete instructions it may take a while.
Kind regards
Uffex

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
If that's your machine, you lucked out. That valve to the right of the boom foot. That's your 3-way... valve. Depending on hammer or shear. In hammer the return oil goes direct to tank return filter. In shear oil goes to and from the MCV. That's the ideal set-up.
When you receive the machine. The first thing you want to do is vent the tank pressure and spin down the case drain filter. Its a short, wide spin on filter in the pump room. Pour out the oil in a clean bucket. Check it for golden glitter. If there isn't any, you're on top of the world.:D

Heavy Chevy

If that's your machine, you lucked out. That valve to the right of the boom foot. That's your 3-way... valve. Depending on hammer or shear. In hammer the return oil goes direct to tank return filter. In shear oil goes to and from the MCV. That's the ideal set-up.
When you receive the machine. The first thing you want to do is vent the tank pressure and spin down the case drain filter. Its a short, wide spin on filter in the pump room. Pour out the oil in a clean bucket. Check it for golden glitter. If there isn't any, you're on top of the world.:D
I'm feeling extra good about this machine with all the information you all are providing me ...I'm excited and working transportation now!!! Will keep you posted and I'm sure will be asking more questions after I receive it. I look forward to finding that filter you are referring too and seeing what the oil looks like inside!!

Heavy Chevy

Hey Guys,
I took delivery this morning before driving to work. I off loaded the machine and left it at the end of the road until I got back home from work and was going to crawl it 0.5 mile thru the woods to get it home; however, I got a red warning light that came on...wasn't on this morning. So, before I started it, I added 10 gallons of fuel as it was super low; i checked the oil level which was fine but the coolant was low...didn't see any in the tank. The previous owner forgot to send the manual so I can't identify what the warning light is so I was afraid to crawl it home with low coolant and a red light. Can anyone tell me what coolant I need for this machine? and what does the red light mean? see attached pics.

Attachments

• 2001 Volvo EC160BLC Delivery.jpg
    2001 Volvo EC160BLC Delivery.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 2001 Volvo EC160BLC Red Light.jpg
    2001 Volvo EC160BLC Red Light.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4

Heavy Chevy

Good day
Extra information as promised.
Kind regards
Uffex
Uffex,
I took delivery this morning before driving to work. I off loaded the machine and left it at the end of the road until I got back home from work and was going to crawl it 0.5 mile thru the woods to get it home; however, I got a red warning light that came on...wasn't on this morning. So, before I started it, I added 10 gallons of fuel as it was super low; i checked the oil level which was fine but the coolant was low...didn't see any in the tank. The previous owner forgot to send the manual so I can't identify what the warning light is so I was afraid to crawl it home with low coolant and a red light. Can you tell me what coolant I need for this machine? and what does the red light mean? see attached pics.

Attachments

• 2001 Volvo EC160BLC Red Light.jpg
    2001 Volvo EC160BLC Red Light.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Top to bottom,
high beam,(not used)
Low battery voltage
Low oil pressure
High coolant temp
Air cleaner restriction
Low brake pressure (wheeled exc)
Parking brake applied (wheeled exc)
Autolube malfunction (option)
Crane lift overload
Quick coupler unlocked (option)
Pre heater on
On the right is shear mode enabled, hammer appears burnt out
Axle oscillation lock engaged (wheeled exc)
Low fuel
High hydraulic temp
Low coolant
Boom / arm float (option)
fuel heater (option )

Heavy Chevy

Top to bottom,
high beam,(not used)
Low battery voltage
Low oil pressure
High coolant temp
Air cleaner restriction
Low brake pressure (wheeled exc)
Parking brake applied (wheeled exc)
Autolube malfunction (option)
Crane lift overload
Quick coupler unlocked (option)
Pre heater on
On the right is shear mode enabled, hammer appears burnt out
Axle oscillation lock engaged (wheeled exc)
Low fuel
High hydraulic temp
Low coolant
Boom / arm float (option)
fuel heater (option )
Awesome!!!! Thanks so much. I feel so much better now knowing what all the lights mean! The coolant level is so low I can't tell the color....I must have mistakened the plastic reservoir right adjacent to the pattern changer for a coolant tank....must be the windshield washer fluid reservoir. I'll probably need to do a complete flush anyway and service.