• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Communication adaptors

Tyler d4c

It's coming to a time I need to get a new laptop and adaptor. I know my cat com adaptor 2 won't talk to cummins. If I got a 3 would it cover using et and insite or do I need a different one like inline or???. I'm new to insite. Et and insite are all I'm interested in as of now.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
i believe that a cat comm 3 will only talk to cat. For cummins you need an inline 7? Or a nexiq comm adapter. Now to throw a wrench in the works. My cummins inline 7 will connect to a truck with a cat engine in it.

Tyler d4c

Thats moreless what I've found I just got a nexiq ordered this evening. My laptop is at my ladyfreinds brother's getting windows 10 installed as it was still on 7 I'm just hoping at this point I don't need a new laptop to make it happen.