• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Compiling chart of specs on all Final Drives. Need Info/resources. plantary hubs

douglasco

I've got another custom machine project that I need to put some drives on. I usually just use what I have laying around. I'd really like to learn more about all the different finals out there and maybe publish a comprehensive resource.

For this Project I'm looking for something high speed, flat and relatively lightweight. 20" max diameter. I'm thinking off a 4wd grader. Any other suggestions?

But next time this situation comes up i want to be a little more prepared so i'm going to start my survey. Feel free to add to it:
Starting with some questions:

1) What machines have them? And are there any peculiarities then a typical drive?
A. Earth Moving
1. Dozers
2. Excavators
3. Blades
a. Are more compact(flat)
b. Higher Speeds
4. Pans
a. Higher Speeds
5. Wheel Loaders
6. Backhoes(4wd)
7. Tractors
8. Skid Steers

B. Material Handling
1. Forklifts
2. Cranes
3. Big Trucks
4. Off Road Dump Trucks
5. Site Trucks(morooka, etc)

C. Paving
1. Pavers
2. Rollers
3. Mills

D. Forestry
1. Skidders

Other Categories for later:
E. Non Construction Mobile Equipment
F. Non Mobile Construction Applications
G. Non Construction Non Mobile Applications

2) What HE companies make their own?

3) Who else makes them?

4) What different types are there?
A. Shaft Driven
B. Hydraulic/Electric motor Driven
C. Integrated Hydraulic/Electric Motor
D. Wheel or Track

5) Common Features
A. Hydraulic Brake
B.

6) Uncommon Features (Please list any examples of these if you know of them)
A. Multiple/Variable Ratio/Speed
B. Different gearset Ratios available
C. Aluminum/Lite Weight
D. Freewheeling
E.