• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Concrete Curbs

johndeere123

I have to design a concrete mis that will be used to make concrete curbs, the curbs have to meet CSA specs and the mix is supposed to be as "green" as possible (flyash,silica fume,crushed glass). We also get a lot of freeze thaw here, so that has to be kept in mind as well. I was thinking of trying to find something to add in the mix that would make the curb more resistant to impact from a snow removal equipment. Has anybody ever seen a curb like this before? Or does anybody know of something that could be added to a mix?

Jim Dandy

How about rebar maybe tied to some wire mesh that is cut to fit in the form. Also you could add fiber as well although I think the rebar and wire would me better.

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
Do your own homework
Crushed glass has a akilia silica reaction, silica fume is to water tight a concrete, you are to specify a 35mpa mix with air. The air is to be between 5-8 percent. To counter react the freeze thaw cycle. You could add fibres grace or Euclid is the suppliers. There is a handsome guy around that could be of help around tomorrow after your test.