• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Concrete Pumps ??

Rip

Hope a few here can provide some valuable feedback ragarding their real-world experiences with 30 to 60 yd/hr piston-type trailer mounted concrete pumps.

Main application would be residential foundations/footers & slabs with perhaps some taller formed or ICF walls. Typical distance would be less than 200 ft & max height 20 to 30 ft.

High volume is not the primary consideration. Really looking for less stress, less mess, smaller crew and better job at end of day.

Pros / Cons??

Types / Brands ?

Basically what works best vs what does not?

Hope everyone is having a Great 4th!!

Rip

tylermckee

Everyone around here uses a pump truck when they need to and tailgates the mud off the mixer when they can. Only time someone line pumps is when they absolutely have to. I wouldnt want to be backing around a heavy ass concrete hose when i could have a guy standing there controling it with a little remote control. How much is a pump similar to what you are looking for? I'm guessing a pump truck would be just a little more than what you are wanting to spend.

Rip

Problem is pump trucks are getting awfully expensive and hard to schedule especially for these smaller jobs. We would still just use chutes when ever we could, but there are more and more jobs that are just beyond chutes (and hardly anyone has the telescopic conveyor systems on the mixer trucks either) and yet are smaller than the full size pump trucks want to deal with and thus charge accordingly. Most of our jobs are out in the boonies also.

That is why we are considering a line pump. Ones in this size range run $25 to $60K new plus hose & pipe. Your valuable feedback will help us decide which way to go.

Thanks in advance,

Rip

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I have used both line pump is fine only if you pumping grout threw a 2" hose or a 3/8" pea gravel up hill mix threw a 2" hose. If you try to pump threw a 4" line it is good for ground work only slabs footings dont think you will be able to pour a ICF wall the hose is heavy and you will have the hose jumping around everytime to pump cycles. Any time it is a elevated job the line pump is hassle